Skip to content
Lists are stupid:
1. Half of the people who write them do it wrong. You are supposed to start at number ten and count backwards to one. Ideally, your best answer comes last. If not, it’s anti-climactic.
2. They are overused. Everyone does Top 10 Lists nowadays.
4. According to the author of the blog: Go, See, Write, “Top 10 lists are a tool of the Devil.”
5. They are inadequate. You can only think of ten things to say about the subject? How lame! People who write them are avoiding actually writing a stimulating article on the subject.
6. God sent 10 PLAGUES to the people of Egypt!
7. Sometimes you are really pushing it to find ten whole things to say about the subject. Why not go for 7?
9. “They” want you to think that these lists are concise and fun ways to get a point across, but they’re not!
And the NUMBER TEN reason that Top 10 Lists are stupid is…
10. Americans these days have too short of an attention span to read all 10 (you still there folks?)!