My blog post, The Top 10 Reasons Why I’m Not a “Real” Runner, was a real downer. On the upside, I do consider myself a “real” runner, and here are the Top 10 reasons why (hey, I like top 10 lists!):
10. I have a freaking hydration belt for super long runs, so there!
9. My friends say so, what now?
8. I research training plans.
7. I get up at 5:30 almost every Saturday morning to run. Yuck.
6. I also run other days. Of course.
5. I ran 3 miles in the 37-degree driving rain! I am SO hardcore!
4. I’ve finished two half-marathons.
3. I’m training for a full marathon in November. Ok, maybe I’m all-the-way crazy.
2. I like to run! That’s what it’s all about.
And the #1 reason I’m a real runner:
I care. “If you care if people think of you as a runner and not a jogger, than you are a runner. No matter how slow you go.” OK, I don’t even know if that’s exactly what it said or where I read it. But whatever it was, that’s the impression it left on my brain. So just go with it. I am!